Join Julie Jones, expert baker, author of The Pastry School and Expressions: Art in Pastry for an in-person masterclass in pie decorating.
JOLLOF MASTERCLASS WITH LERATO UMAH-SHAYLOR
LEARN TO MAKE JOLLOF RICE WITH EXPERT GUIDANCE
- Per person
Learn to cook sensational West African recipes
Join us for this very special jollof masterclass with chef, broadcaster and award-winning author Lerato Umah-Shaylor. Lerato will chat through some of her favourite recipes from her new book, Africana, before deep-diving into that beautiful dish, jollof rice.
Cooking in pairs, you’ll create with her expert guidance:
- Senegalese seven-veg jollof rice
- Poulet or aubergine yassa
And, to complete the meal, you’ll be treated to a tasty serving of:
- Strawberry & hibiscus ice cream, pre-made by Lerato herself
At the end of the class you’ll sit down at our chef’s table to eat your incredible feast with a well-earned glass of wine.
- This class can be adapted for those following a vegetarian, vegan, dairy-free or gluten-free diet.
- This is an adult lesson and not suitable for children under the age of 15 years. Those aged between 15-17 must be supervised by an adult for the whole duration of the lesson.
- The duration of the lesson includes the teaching time as well as the time taken to enjoy eating
- Only paid guests who are actively taking part in a cookery lesson are permitted to be at the cookery school whilst classes are in progress. We cannot accommodate spectators or provide a waiting area for friends or family members.