We’ll show you how to master crunchy golden chicken (or crispy fried aubergine), before moving on to an indulgent, flavour-packed curry sauce.
ONLINE A TASTE OF JAPAN
- Per household
Master the flavours of Japanese cooking in this online class!
In this 1.5 hour class, you’ll get to grips with the basics of four Japanese-style dishes — teriyaki chicken, a sweet & sour pickle, an irresistible miso & yuzu edamame stir-fry, and sticky rice. Learn it all through an online Zoom cooking class.
- 2 free-range, boneless, skinless chicken thighs or 1⁄2 a cauliflower
- 45ml low-salt soy sauce
- 30ml mirin
- 30ml sake or Chinese rice wine
- 1⁄2 a carrot
- 1⁄4 of a cucumber
- 100g white cabbage
- 5cm piece of ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- sesame seeds, to serve (optional)
- 200g frozen edamame beans in pods
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 1 teaspoon white miso
- 1 teaspoon yuzu juice or the juice of 1⁄2 a lemon and 1⁄2 a lime
- vegetable oil
- 200g Japanese short grain rice
- This is a class best suited for and supervised by adults.
- Our online classes are sold on a per household basis, so as long as everyone is in the same room, you can have as many participants as you like! ONE PARTICIPANT = ONE HOUSEHOLD
- If you are booking a place for yourself as well as others based in another household, please be advised that email addresses for each household must be supplied at the point of booking. Unique Zoom joining instructions will be sent to all, as well as additional information relating to ingredients and general preparation for the class.