Learn to cook Japanese cuisine that is world-famous — and for good reason! Bursting with flavour and beautifully-fresh ingredients, this style of cookery is such a joy to make (and eat!).
ONLINE KATSU CURRY – THE ULTIMATE FAKEAWAY
- Per household
Recreate an iconic Katsu-style curry in this online cooking class
We’ll show you how to master crunchy golden chicken (or crispy fried aubergine), before moving on to an indulgent, flavour-packed curry sauce. You’ll also learn how to create a quick pickle, and we’ll reveal the secrets to serving up perfect fluffy rice every time.
Our chefs will walk you through the recipe steps and cook along with you, answering any questions you may have. After just two hours, you’ll have plenty of new tricks up your sleeve, plus the confidence to cook a fakeaway like no other. Book your Jamie Oliver online cooking class online today!
- 4 x 80g skinless boneless free-range chicken thighs
- 200ml buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 200g panko breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
- 1½ medium carrots
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon low-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 800ml mild organic chicken stock
- ½ a red onion
- 1 fresh red chilli
- ½ a cucumber
- ½ a bunch of fresh coriander (15g)
- ½ a lemon
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
- 150g basmati rice
- This is a class best suited for and supervised by adults.
- Our online classes are sold on a per household basis, so as long as everyone is in the same room, you can have as many participants as you like! ONE PARTICIPANT = ONE HOUSEHOLD
- If you are booking a place for yourself as well as others based in another household, please be advised that email addresses for each household must be supplied at the point of booking. Unique Zoom joining instructions will be sent to all, as well as additional information relating to ingredients and general preparation for the class.