We’ll share the secrets of stir-frying (your choice of chicken and prawns or oyster mushrooms and tofu), and the art to balancing sweet, salt, hot and sour flavours.
ONLINE KUNG PAO: A SICHUAN-STYLE SENSATION
- Per household
Stir up a Sichuan-inspired Kung Pao in this online Zoom cooking class!
We’ll show you how to master marination (your choice of chicken or veg), the key to stir-frying, and the art of balancing flavour. Plus, we’ll cook up two next-level sides — an easy egg-fried rice and a fresh ribbon salad.
Our chefs will walk you through the recipe steps and cook along with you, answering any questions you may have. After just two hours, you’ll have plenty of new tricks up your sleeve, plus the confidence to cook up a stir-fried fakeaway like no other.
- 4 x free-range chicken thighs, skin off, bone out OR 200g mixed mushrooms (shiitake or oyster work great, but any will do) plus ½ an aubergine
- 2 tablespoons shaoxing wine
- 3½ tablespoons low-salt light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon low-salt dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese black vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- ½ a red pepper
- 6 dried long red chillies
- 7 spring onions
- 4cm piece of ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons Sichuan peppercorns
- 3 tablespoons unsalted peanuts
- vegetable oil
- 150g basmati rice
- 2 large free-range eggs
- ½ a cucumber
- 1 large carrot
- ½ a bunch of fresh coriander (15g)
- 1 lime
- This is a class best suited for and supervised by adults.
- Our online classes are sold on a per household basis, so as long as everyone is in the same room, you can have as many participants as you like! ONE PARTICIPANT = ONE HOUSEHOLD
- If you are booking a place for yourself as well as others based in another household, please be advised that email addresses for each household must be supplied at the point of booking. Unique Zoom joining instructions will be sent to all, as well as additional information relating to ingredients and general preparation for the class.