Fresh pasta is incredibly quick to make once you know how and it’ll win you some serious brownie points with friends and family at mealtimes.
ONLINE BAKING AND BREAD MAKING FOR KIDS
- Per household
Bake Delicious Loaves with your Kid in this Online Zoom Baking Class!
In this two-hour online Zoom cooking class, you’ll make two fantastic loaves – a lovely wholemeal loaf, which you’ll learn to shape into super-fun designs, and Buddy’s banana bread. Our chefs will cover all the skills you need – from kneading and proving, to shaping – plus they’ll share great tips and tricks for the perfect banana bread. You’ll leave the class inspired to keep baking your own bread, having gained a skill for life.
GROWN UPS, GET PREPPED…
Jamie wholeheartedly believes cooking is one of the most valuable skills you can teach a child. Getting kids excited about food, where it comes from and how to cook it gives them a much better chance of being healthier and happier in the long run.
When cooking with kids, use your common sense to determine what jobs they can help you with, depending on their age and skill level.
It’s always good to start small, with jobs such as mixing and measuring, then progress to elements of a recipe, then go on to slightly trickier techniques over time. The more they cook, the better they’ll get. This class is suitable for those that are six years old and above and an adult must be present — this is a team effort!
- Make sure you supervise them when using heat or sharp utensils like knives and box graters.
- Teach them about the importance of washing their hands before they start, and after handling raw meat and fish, as well as other basic hygiene rules.
- Most of all, have fun with your little one, and encourage them to give things a go.
- 500g wholemeal flour, plus extra for dusting
- 8g dried yeast
- 10g fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons runny honey
- olive oil
- 125g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 3 large free-range eggs, or 2 eggs and 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1 big pinch of ground cinnamon
- 50g pecans (optional)
- 2 tablespoons dried herbs or seeds (optional)
- This is a class best suited to children, and must be supervised by adults.
- Our online classes are sold on a per household basis, so as long as everyone is in the same room, you can have as many participants as you like! ONE PARTICIPANT = ONE HOUSEHOLD
- If you are booking a place for yourself as well as others based in another household, please be advised that email addresses for each household must be supplied at the point of booking. Unique Zoom joining instructions will be sent to all, as well as additional information relating to ingredients and general preparation for the class.