You’ll learn how to create a quick pizza dough at home, before rolling it out by hand. Then the fun really starts, as you get creative with your favourite toppings.
ONLINE MEXICAN STREET FOOD FOR KIDS
- Per household
Get your kids involved in this online Mexican street food cooking class
We’ll walk you through how to make sticky, smoked chipotle chicken to load up tortilla wraps, plus three fresh, flavour-packed salsas – all finished off with a kiss of lime juice. This is perfect sharing food that you’ll make over and over again. A proper treat for grown-ups and kids alike. Book your Jamie Oliver online cooking class today to experience the best of Mexico from London!
GROWN UPS, GET PREPPED…
Jamie wholeheartedly believes cooking is one of the most valuable skills you can teach a child. Getting kids excited about food, where it comes from and how to cook it gives them a much better chance of being healthier and happier in the long run.
When cooking with kids, use your common sense to determine what jobs they can help you with, depending on their age and skill level.
It’s always good to start small, with jobs such as mixing and measuring, then progress to elements of a recipe, then go on to slightly trickier techniques over time. The more they cook, the better they’ll get. This class is suitable for those that are 6 years old and above and an adult must be present – this is a team effort!
- Make sure you supervise them when using heat or sharp utensils like knives and box graters.
- Teach them about the importance of washing their hands before they start, and after handling raw meat and fish, as well as other basic hygiene rules.
- Most of all, have fun with your little one, and encourage them to give things a go
- 2 free-range chicken thighs, skin on, bone in
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chipotle chilli paste
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 200ml passata
- 1 pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon red or white wine vinegar
- 6 mini tortillas
- soured cream, to serve
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 small bunch of mint (15g)
- 1 small bunch of coriander (15g)
- 2 spring onions
- 1 lime, plus extra for garnish
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
- 50g tinned or frozen sweetcorn
- ½ a pepper (any colour)
- This is a class supervised by adults.
- Our online classes are sold on a per household basis, so as long as everyone is in the same room, you can have as many participants as you like! ONE PARTICIPANT = ONE HOUSEHOLD
- If you are booking a place for yourself as well as others based in another household, please be advised that email addresses for each household must be supplied at the point of booking. Unique Zoom joining instructions will be sent to all, as well as additional information relating to ingredients and general preparation for the class.