Fresh pasta is incredibly quick to make once you know how and it’ll win you some serious brownie points with friends and family at mealtimes.
ONLINE MIGHTY MEATBALLS FOR KIDS
- Per household
Stir up Mighty Meatballs with your Kids in this Online Cooking Class
From smashing up ingredients in a pestle mortar, to squishing beef into little patties, this two-hour class is a great way to get kids excited about cooking. You’ll pick up plenty of tips and tricks as you cook along with our expert chefs, before sitting down to tuck into your delicious meal together. Your kids will love this online Zoom cooking class!
GROWN UPS, GET PREPPED…
Jamie wholeheartedly believes cooking is one of the most valuable skills you can teach a child. Getting kids excited about food, where it comes from and how to cook it gives them a much better chance of being healthier and happier in the long run.
When cooking with kids, use your common sense to determine what jobs they can help you with, depending on their age and skill level.
It’s always good to start small, with jobs such as mixing and measuring, then progress to elements of a recipe, then go on to slightly trickier techniques over time. The more they cook, the better they’ll get. This class is suitable for those that are 6 years old and above and an adult must be present – this is a team effort!
- Make sure you supervise them when using heat or sharp utensils like knives and box graters.
- Teach them about the importance of washing their hands before they start, and after handling raw meat and fish, as well as other basic hygiene rules.
- Most of all, have fun with your little one, and encourage them to give things a go
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes
- 5 black olives (stone in)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 red onion
- ½ a red pepper
- ½ a yellow pepper
- 200g plum or chopped tinned tomatoes
- 60g tinned chickpeas
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 190g higher-welfare lean minced beef
- 1 shallot
- 6 sprigs of fresh parsley
- 2 slices stale bread (about 40g)
- 90g wholemeal couscous
- 4 red cherry tomatoes
- 4 yellow cherry tomatoes
- 2 spring onions
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- 1 lemon
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pomegranate
- 30g feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons pine nuts
- This is a class supervised by adults.
- Our online classes are sold on a per household basis, so as long as everyone is in the same room, you can have as many participants as you like! ONE PARTICIPANT = ONE HOUSEHOLD
- If you are booking a place for yourself as well as others based in another household, please be advised that email addresses for each household must be supplied at the point of booking. Unique Zoom joining instructions will be sent to all, as well as additional information relating to ingredients and general preparation for the class.