Fresh, homemade pasta is easier to make than you may think, and all you need is your hands and a rolling pin — it’s the perfect way to get kids excited about cooking.
ONLINE SPEEDY SAUSAGE PIZZA FOR KIDS
- Per household
Prepare tasty sausage pizza with your kids in this online class
Using a speedy recipe adapted from Jamie’s 7 Ways cookbook, you and your mini-me will spend just two hours becoming pizza-making pros! You’ll learn how to create a quick pizza dough at home, before rolling it out by hand. Then the fun really starts, as you get creative with your favourite toppings – think creamy mozzarella, sweet grapes and fragrant rosemary. A real treat for grown-ups and kids alike. Book your next Jamie Oliver online cooking class today!
GROWN UPS, GET PREPPED…
Jamie wholeheartedly believes cooking is one of the most valuable skills you can teach a child. Getting kids excited about food, where it comes from and how to cook it gives them a much better chance of being healthier and happier in the long run.
When cooking with kids, use your common sense to determine what jobs they can help you with, depending on their age and skill level.
It’s always good to start small, with jobs such as mixing and measuring, then progress to elements of a recipe, then go on to slightly trickier techniques over time. The more they cook, the better they’ll get. This class is suitable for those that are 6 years old and above and an adult must be present – this is a team effort!
- Make sure you supervise them when using heat or sharp utensils like knives and box graters.
- Teach them about the importance of washing their hands before they start, and after handling raw meat and fish, as well as other basic hygiene rules.
- Most of all, have fun with your little one, and encourage them to give things a go
- 150g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- olive oil
- 1 higher-welfare Cumberland or veggie sausage
- 75g mushrooms
- 1 small red onion
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 heaped tablespoon sun-dried tomato paste
- 100g red seedless grapes
- 70g mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 100g rocket
- ½ a radicchio
- extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- This is a class supervised by adults.
- Our online classes are sold on a per household basis, so as long as everyone is in the same room, you can have as many participants as you like! ONE PARTICIPANT = ONE HOUSEHOLD
- If you are booking a place for yourself as well as others based in another household, please be advised that email addresses for each household must be supplied at the point of booking. Unique Zoom joining instructions will be sent to all, as well as additional information relating to ingredients and general preparation for the class.