The wonderful variety of cooking methods and flavour combinations makes North Indian cuisine a super-interesting one to learn. You’ll cook a speedy version of vegetarian Gujarati thali.
ONLINE SOUTH INDIAN CURRY
- Per household
Cook South Indian curry in this online Zoom cooking class
You’ll make an incredible South Indian keralan curry paste that you’ll turn into a fragrant, punchy prawn or veg curry.
You’ll also find out how to cook amazing vegetable bhajis, and we’ll reveal the secrets to serving up perfect fluffy rice every time. Book your Jamie Oliver online cooking class to learn how to make this delicious South Indian curry!
- cooking oil
- 2 red onions
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 200ml coconut milk
- 12–14 peeled raw tiger prawns, from sustainable sources, shell on or shell-off
- 1 tablespoon natural yoghurt, plus extra to serve
- flaked almonds, to garnish
- ½ a bunch of coriander (15g)
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 pinch chilli powder (optional)
- 2 teaspoons black mustard seeds
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 8cm piece of ginger
- 2 fresh green chillies
- 1 heaped tablespoon tomato purée
- 1 tablespoon tamarind
- 1 large carrot
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 60-80g gram flour
- 1 lemon
- 270g basmati rice
- chutney of your choice, to serve
This is a class best suited to and supervised by adults.
Our online classes are sold on a per household basis, so as long as everyone is in the same room, you can have as many participants as you like! ONE PARTICIPANT = ONE HOUSEHOLD
If you are booking a place for yourself as well as others based in another household, please be advised that email addresses for each household must be supplied at the point of booking. Unique Zoom joining instructions will be sent to all, as well as additional information relating to ingredients and general preparation for the class.